Chapter 1 Policy Points
- When well-managed, urbanization fosters social and economic advancement and improved quality of life for all.
- The current model of urbanization is unsustainable in many respects.
- Many cities all over the world are grossly unprepared for the challenges associated with urbanization.
- A new agenda is required to effectively address these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities offered by urbanization.
- The new urban agenda should promote cities and human settlements that are environmentally sustainable, resilient, socially inclusive, safe and violence-free and economically productive.